FRANCE: 16/03/17: 13:42: Number of People Injured in #Shooting in French City of Grasse Rises to 8, Interior Minister, Prime Minister Holding Emergency Meeting – Reports – #AceNewsDesk reports – @AceNewsServices

#AceNewsReport – Mar.16: This is an updated report on our breaking news earlier on Thursday at #AceNewsDesk #Breaking144 – SEVERAL INJURED IN A #SHOOTING IN A LYCEUM IN FRENCH CITY OF GRASSE – REPORTS – #AceNewsDesk reports – @AceBreakingNews
// #Breaking144 @Breaking144

Reuters reported that at least eight were injured in French school shooting and one arrested – ministry and police sources confirmed.

Eight people were injured after a #shooting at a high school in the small southern French town of Grasse, the interior ministry said, and a 17-year old student carrying a rifle, handguns and grenades was arrested, police sources added.

“The individual does not seem to be known by police,” one source said.

A second source said it appeared that two students had opened fire on the headmaster, who had been injured, adding that the suspects did not seem to be militants.

“One of the two was arrested and the second fled. There was panic and the students took refuge in the (neighbouring) supermarket,” said the source.

Another #police source it was not yet possible to confirm if there was a second shooter.

Interior ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet told BFM TV that eight people had been injured, and advised families to remain patient as police took control to stabilise the situation.

The incident comes with France in a state of emergency after several militants attacks over the last year. It is less than six weeks away from a presidential election in which security and fears of terrorism are among key issues.

An eye-witness student in the school interviewed by France Inter radio said the students had heard a bang and taken cover under the tables.

“I went to close the windows and saw a guy who looked at me in the eyes. He seemed to be a student and not very big. He shot in the air and ran away,” the student said without giving his name.

Local emergency services advised residents on Twitter to stay at home. The government launched its mobile telephone application warning of a “terrorist” attack.

(Reporting by Emmanuel Jarry, Sophie Louet, and John Irish; Editing by Adrian Croft and Sudip Kar-Gupta) reporting for Reuters

EDITOR NOTES: Thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet also our newspaper is added with all our posts daily below: Private Messages to https://t.me/acechatnews

All our other main news can be found Ace News Services Our #Breaking144 news as it happens when it happens can be found at #AceBreakingNews

Need PC Help or Advice on Security or Protecting Yourself Online Visit: AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com and leave a message.

Featured writers posts here:Ace News Room ​Our daily newspaper is here : Ace Worldwide News

@AceNewsServices

Ace Share News

Advertisements