#AceNewsReport – Feb.09: A consumer alert has been issued about a massive recall involving potentially deadly air bags: The automakers involved in the recall are Subaru, Tesla, BMW, Volkswagen, Daimler vans, Mercedes and Ferrari………………..About 1.7 million vehicles need to replace air bag inflators made by the Japanese company Takata……….The air bags can hurl shrapnel into drivers and passengers. At least 23 people have died from the problem worldwide #AceNewsDesk reports
NEW YOR (AP) – Subaru, Tesla, BMW, Volkswagen, Daimler Vans, Mercedes and Ferrari are recalling about 1.7 million vehicles to replace potentially deadly air bag inflators made by Takata Corp. of Japan.
How Toyota is reaching Takata air bag recall customers and expediting vehicle repairs.
• Our focus remains on the safety and security of our customers. We continue to reach out to all the involved vehicle owners to make sure they are aware of this recall.
• We have worked with our suppliers to obtain a sufficient supply of remedy inflator kits.
• We are educating the driving public about the potential for death or serious injury as a result of this safety defect and encouraging them to bring in their vehicle to a local authorized dealer for immediate repair.
• As recall campaigns progress, we are contacting vehicle owners in many different ways: using first class mail, postcards, certified mail, email, phone calls, and social media.
• We are striving to make this recall remedy easy and convenient, including emphasizing to vehicle owners that the repair is FREE and takes about an hour for most vehicles. To that end, we are offering alternate transportation during the repair, towing to the dealership, or vehicle pickup at no cost to the vehicle owner.
• We are piloting many new outreach methods and collaborating with stakeholders from across the automotive industry to develop unique and innovative solutions in an effort to locate and repair as many involved vehicles as possible.
For an informational video on the repair process, click here.
To view Toyota’s quarterly report to NHTSA for Takata recalls, click here.
To look up if a vehicle is affected, click here.
To view Toyota’s outreach strategy for Takata recalls, click here.
To view the Toyota Takata Media Kit in English, click here.
To view the Toyota Takata Media Kit in Spanish, click here.
Details On The Recall | Complete List Of Car Models Affected
#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: February.09: 2019:
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports & #Brittius says are provided by Sterling Publishing & Media News and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ Ace News Services Posts https://t.me/AceSocialNews_Bot and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com or you can follow our breaking news posts on AceBreakingNews.WordPress.Com or become a member on Telegram https://t.me/acebreakingnews all private chat messaging on here https://t.me/sharingandcaring